The Pintsize theme consists of 2 folders and 8 template files and a screenshot.png image.
- images – folder for media files for the theme
- footer.php – displays the web page footer
- functions.php – defines functions, enable features and sets options menus
- header.php – displays page header information
- index.php – displays latest Posts
- page.php – displays content of a Page
- screenshot.php – small screenshot of home page
- sidebar.php – displays sidebar information
- single.php – displays content of a single Post
- style.php – CSS style sheet for the web site
In the theme Pintsize, at the current time, there is one page set up and one post set up. The main menu shows 2 entries, Home and Sample Page. When you click on the Home link, then WordPress will follow the template file path for Home and execute the code found in index.php to display the home page contents (in our case, the home.php template file does not exist), in this case, it happens to be the sample post there from the WordPress install. If you click on Sample Page, then WordPress will follow the template path for Page and execute the code found in page.php to display the Page contents. When you click on the title of a post, then WordPress will follow the template path for Single and execute the code found in single.php and display the content of a single post. You may determine other template paths by consulting with this infographic.